Monday, January 25, 2016

Rubbing It In

I'm sitting in front of the iMac and I begin to replay everything in my head.
We saw each other today. I wasn't expecting you to show up or text but you did.
You dropped a big bomb on me today.
I'm glad you're happy.
I'm glad you've found someone so quickly to love you more than I did.
I'm glad you've moved on so fast.
I told you to look at me and tell me that you don't love me.
"I don't love you anymore..."
There, you said it. I stopped looking at you...
At the end of it all I asked you if you wanted me to get out of the car already.
"Yes, go" was your simple and curt reply...
So I fixed my stuff and went out. I didn't cry in front of you. I didn't beg anymore. I didn't become self destructive... I knew you'd hate me more... So I left and hailed a tricycle and as soon as I sat down, I cried till I couldn't breathe.
I will always love you even if you don't love me anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment